Long Road to China - Our Adoption Story


Trustmark National Bank account set up:

Donations can be made nation wide at any Trustmark National Bank through the account:
Phillip Smith or Niki J. Smith's Adoption Account

If you would like to mail a donation, please mail it to
Phil or Niki Smith
P.O. Box 332
Rienzi, MS 38865




Friday, July 1, 2011

May 26 at 8:46am - Please keep praying for us


Good morning everyone! Things have been super busy & I've been like a ninja filling out paperwork! ;0) I got our packet and information from our home study on Wednesday afternoon and have it all filled out. I think I have all documentations requested except we have to get a physical. We also have to finish writing our autobiographies. I wonder how many people finish this paperwork that quickly.? When I get ready for something, I get 'er done! lol For those of you that are not familiar with the paperwork, it's a lot - trust me others will vouch for this! I was hoping to get it turned in today - I wanted to drive it to Tupelo to see the look on her face that we were all finished {excluding the physical which we hope to complete next week}. I think it will have to wait until tomorrow because I have a few other obligations for today. God No doubt has His hands in this {of course He has His hands in everything} but things could not have gone so smoothly if I had dreamed them - I do realize it's not over yet. We were required to turn in all types of paperwork including social security cards, birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, driver's licenses, etc. We just happen to have in date passports for all of us including the kids & believe it or not, I located all other requested documentation. Yeah for us! I need to complete the things listed above and we are waiting to hear from our social worker to start our home study visits {there will be 4 of them}. We have our assigned social worker and I just hope she will start them very soon so we can get this part behind us & move on to getting our precious baby.

Please keep praying for us on a daily basis & also keep our baby that we've not met in your prayers. I trust in God to protect him/her, but it is human nature to feel helpless not knowing where our child is or when he/she will be united with us as a family. I have faith in God and I know we will all be united in His perfect time! Also, I have completed most all paperwork, but I've had little sleep and my mind is wondering on the end result, but I need to stay focused on finishing all I have to do for now. We have lots of things we are trying to complete around the house before the social worker comes for the home visit {only one visit is actually at our home}, please pray we will stay on task and complete them quickly. Also, please pray for us financially; adopting internationally is very expensive and it is the cost that has held us back for so many years. We know God will provide as this is His will. Pray for the each one of us {including our baby that we have not met} that we will all adapt to each other quickly. I know that it may not happen instantly that the baby will bond completely to us, but pray that the transition for him/her is not stressful. Also, please pray that things will continue to go smoothly. These are the things that are weighing the heaviest today and we know our prayer warriors will not fail us.

We pray for each one of you that our life changing adventure will encourage, inspire, or bless you in some special way. We are so thankful for everyone of you and all your prayers! We love you all!

The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3
May 26 at 8:46am

No comments:

Post a Comment