Long Road to China - Our Adoption Story


Trustmark National Bank account set up:

Donations can be made nation wide at any Trustmark National Bank through the account:
Phillip Smith or Niki J. Smith's Adoption Account

If you would like to mail a donation, please mail it to
Phil or Niki Smith
P.O. Box 332
Rienzi, MS 38865




Monday, February 18, 2013

WOW!!!!!

Wow!!!!  What a difference a day can make!!!!!!!!
Lots of updates and lots of things changed!!!

First of all the question everyone has been wondering & I finally have an answer!!!  Where are we at in the process?????  I've not been dodging this question but I honestly did not know.  When you expedite an adoption things do not go in typical order so it was somewhat unclear to me where we were at until today.  

Today, we found out that we were
LID  February 6
Today we got our LOA!!!! 
 That is awesome news!!!  

Next question - so what's next??? 
Our 800 was already turned in weeks ago & waiting the LOA.  The LOA will be emailed tomorrow to the USCIS.  Then, it will be asked of the USCIS officer to overnight our 800 to the department that is in charge of cabling us.  We will need an appointment to the Guangzhou consultant in China.  However, the very worse case  at this point is that we would travel without the Guangzhou appointment and obtain that after in China.  I am not concerned if we need to do this and this is worse case! 
HEY, DID YOU HEAR THAT?????  
The tables have completely turned 
WE ARE GETTING OUR DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 Do YOU hear me screaming with excitement?????
I have the dumbest looking grin on my face!!!!!  
GLORY TO THE HIGHEST!!!!
 PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!

I am humbled to be the mother of Guan Ya!  
I have cried for thanksgiving! I have sat here in pure shock that we ARE getting our daughter!!!!  I really don't know what else to say!  I know you are all excited too!!!!  I hope this answers your questions!!!!!!!!
I've got to think about packing but right now, all I can think about is holding our daughter and seeing her for the first time!!!!
In the next few days, we should know more about travel dates.  Of course I'll update you!  You are part of this beautiful orphan girl NO LONGER being an orphan!!!  
For her 14th birthday, she will get her forever family as her present!  
I'm not sure we will be able to top that gift in the future years! :0)

Don't forget about saving your change and the fundraiser on Friday.  Right now I've got to sing praises & stop grinning so big because my face is already hurting from smiling!!!!!

Guan Ya, daughter, here we come!!!!!  
Oh how we Love you baby girl!  

We love you too!!!!  Don't stop following or sharing our story or praying!!!! 
 Over the last few weeks, you have witnessed a modern day miracle!!!!  
Shout His praises & share our page so others can see the miracle unfold to the fullest!!!!!
ALL GLORY to the KING
THANK YOU!!!






5 comments:

  1. I am in tears of Joy!!!!!!! We are so excited for y'all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, thankful for your miracle! We will continue to pray for all the details and for your safe return home with your new daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!
    What time frame do you have for travel or do you know that yet?
    Krista

    ReplyDelete