Long Road to China - Our Adoption Story


Trustmark National Bank account set up:

Donations can be made nation wide at any Trustmark National Bank through the account:
Phillip Smith or Niki J. Smith's Adoption Account

If you would like to mail a donation, please mail it to
Phil or Niki Smith
P.O. Box 332
Rienzi, MS 38865




Sunday, January 20, 2013

Thank You

My wife, Niki, is an amazing person. I know I don't say that enough. I hope that I let her know how much she means to me and the family, but I feel like I rarely have the opportunity to give  praise to her around the people that surround us and have followed us on this journey. I know in a few months (weeks!...wow) we will be going back to China to meet our daughter and yet another adventure will begin. She is so often the driving force behind things progressing in this adoption process. She has taught me a lot about faith. Total and complete faith. Something I might have never found with out her. During this never ending adventure, we have never doubted that God's plan was for us to adopt. I know that I have been called; just as she has been called. It is a humbling experience to be called to adopt, but I knew it would be difficult and we didn't have the financial means to adopt GiGi Dahl. When we found Guan Ya it was almost comical. We were and are completely broke, but she is our daughter that God has laid before us and by faith we follow his will. During the times that I have felt the dark clouds overhead, she has given me strength. When I feel like there is no way we can meet our financial obligations, she reminds me that God is in control and we walk by faith. I feel the spirit in my life and I know my life is not my own. Niki helps me to allow it to control my life. I do not see how one person could weather this crazy life alone. I am thankful that she is my partner. I really love her.

I am also thankful for all the people that have supported us along this journey. You are the vehicle God has used to give an orphan a family. It is very humbling and I thank God that he put you in our path. I know that we still have an incredible amount of money to raise, and we are seriously running out of time. I can almost feel the clock ticking. When you are called to adopt, you put total trust in the Lord, but it is not easy. The stress that we allow ourselves to feel when our faith is tested takes its toll mentally and physically. Two adoptions in six months has aged me terribly. Macy lets me know how gray my hair is getting! Lol! Well, I'm pretty sure that it would be turning gray anyway, but I do seriously feel tired. Not the "I need a nap or I need to catch up on my sleep", but more of the just totally spent. Some days I feel like I just don't have anything left. This is when my beautiful wife lifts me up. She reminds me that we are going to make it! Guan Ya is our daughter and she will not be left behind. When I feel like I'm losing my mind, she reminds me that I was crazy way before we started this adoption journey. Just Kidding! Sorta.

So, I know that I don't write often on our blog, but there were some things that I needed to say. We need your help. I hate asking for help. I really hate asking for help! But if it is the only way to serve my Lord then I will without hesitation. So many times I've asked God if he was sure he had the right people. We are called to adopt?

I want to give God the praise for all he is doing in our lives. He is teaching me to live by faith. And the support that you have given has humbled me. We have so far to go, but we are chipping away at the expense and by your donations and prayers we have slipped under the wire on every payment. I love to see the Lord working through all of you to fulfill his will for Niki and I to adopt. Keep us in your thoughts and we continue to ask for your support.

Thanks,
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment