Long Road to China - Our Adoption Story


Trustmark National Bank account set up:

Donations can be made nation wide at any Trustmark National Bank through the account:
Phillip Smith or Niki J. Smith's Adoption Account

If you would like to mail a donation, please mail it to
Phil or Niki Smith
P.O. Box 332
Rienzi, MS 38865




Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Heartbroken!


I know I told you I'd write on my blog tonight!  I posted on FB before I thought to post here so if you read my FB page, you may have read this.
 
I was working on my speech for tomorrow for Blue Mountain College -which I cannot figure out how much to work on it. I mean this is my story/my life/my experiences so I cannot figure out what cue cards I might need. You've read my blogs and while I can give statics and such orphans have so burdened my heart that I know all the "big" facts.
I decided to put some pictures because as big as my heart is for each precious life, one might quickly get bored listening to my country accent! I came across this picture. And tears really began to fall down my face as I remembered an image I've tried to put to the back of my mind because it hurts to bad. It hurts knowing GiGi spent 21/2 years of her life here! It hurts knowing the ones left behind! I praise God for breaking my heart for these precious children but man my heart is in millions of pieces for them! Adoption isn't for the faint at heart because it's sometimes more than I can handle thinking of these children without families to love them!!!


Well, as tears rolled down my face from the lat picture, I came across this one and I almost couldn't breathe! What if, what if.........what if this was my daughter? I know this particular girl is not but she seemed about the age of our daughter. Please we cannot let these older children age out without the love of a forever family- NONE of the children need to go without family! Wow, I do not know if I will get through this speech at the college tomorrow with out crying everywhere! Prayers requested!  I think this is going to be harder than I thought and no because I'm not a great public speaker but the flashbacks are going to get me!

Guan Ya has a little over a month to be adopted or she will forever not have a family! We cannot let our daughter age out! WE CANNOT!!!!! 

I've been down today but seeing this picture and remembering these children without families just reminded me how hard we have to be their fighting voice! They have no voice without us! WE ARE THEIR VOICES!!!! These children need and deserve love! Look, there are millions of orphans so these pictures are not representative of the vast number of orphans that go without a family! If you cannot adopt/do not feel led to adopt, please help orphans WORLDWIDE in anyway you can!
God loves the little children! ALL the little children of the world!!!

“Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they’re not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes.” -David Platt

Please pray for these children and pray for us! These are God's wonderfully made children!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment