Long Road to China - Our Adoption Story


Trustmark National Bank account set up:

Donations can be made nation wide at any Trustmark National Bank through the account:
Phillip Smith or Niki J. Smith's Adoption Account

If you would like to mail a donation, please mail it to
Phil or Niki Smith
P.O. Box 332
Rienzi, MS 38865




Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I am only One.......





"I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do 

everything, but I can do something.  What I 

can do, I should do and, with the help of God,

I will do." Edward Hale

I often find myself neglecting to blog as I should & let the daily grind steal my time.  I also neglect to blog thinking who in the world wants to hear my thoughts?  Well, God just keeps plugging at me & this is why i continue to share my sometimes random thoughts. 
Also, as the thought "Who cares what I say? Is anyone listening?  Is God getting the glory?" 
I felt a nudge to click our links to the side --------------------------->>>
One is in a  brown box with a lady juggling kitchen items 
(Top Mommy Blogs)
The other is directly below it in a blue/green box that says "We're on the fence"
(Picket fence blogs)
***If you are on a cell phone, you will have to "View Web Version" to see the side panels.

I'll let you see for yourself  why I felt moved to continue to blog:


*1st one, click on the brown box with a lady juggling kitchen items (Top Mommy Blogs)
                                                         --------------------------->>> (and look down a little)
*Then, Click on Adoption Blogs (First one under Categories)
*There are 35 blogs & look where we're listed.

*2nd one, click directly below the first one in a blue/green box that says "We're on the fence" (Picket fence blogs)
                                                         --------------------------->>> (and look down a little)
*In the search box, type in Adoption
**There are 53 blogs & look where we're listed.

I have no idea who has been voting for us daily, but thank you!  This was just the encouragement I needed today!  Please feel free to continue to vote daily for our blog!  The more votes, the more exposure we will get which I equate with Glory to God!


I think I often have so much to say that I don't blog it or that I post it on FB.  

Right now, I'd like to tell you about a 20 year old, I've been following him for several years through his CaringBridge site.  I may not feel like others want to hear me babble on, but Jay is worth listening to!  I have never met him nor personally know him, but his spirit has touched me as well as many others.  His name is Jay Rogers & he left this world at the young age of 20 years old.  He is from TN & fought Ewing's Sarcoma for 7 years & won the battle on October 21 & is no longer suffering.


Jay's Warriors wrote on October 16  "As Jay left St. Jude yesterday he had lots and lots of St. Jude employees telling him bye including doctors and nurses. There was only one patient there longer than Jay. He truely touched the hospital."  

During his time on earth, I always read of his great faith & he has touched many!  When I read Edward Hale's quote (from the very top), I cannot help but think Jay lived his life in this manner.  He was always asking about another, wanting to encourage/help another.  Jay left part of himself to encourage others through his book that was recently released.  I've not read it, but I have no doubt it will encourage & uplift you - it's the only item on my Christmas Wish list.  By purchasing Jay's book, you are not only keeping Jay's dream alive, spreading God's word, & going to be encouraged (I have no doubt about this) , but ALL proceeds go to the Jay's Warriors Scholarship Fund.  Go to Jay's website to purchase his book & hear his interview with WBBJ TV.
Go buy this book, put it on your Christmas, birthday list & give it for gifts!  
I LOVE to purchase & get items that were purchased with a purpose!    

You can also see that Jay has a family of incredible faith & are very encouraging to others.  If you would like to drop them a note of encouragement or let them know you are praying for them, you can do it on Facebook at Jay's Warriors

I'll leave you with Jay's verse on the front of his book:
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)

I pray that we all may live our life as said in this verse!  God bless each of you & thank you for praying & supporting this family! 
I have a Halloween special that I will post about maybe tonight.  However, I wanted this post to focus on Jay's celebration of life!  Thank you Jay for sharing your life & for walking in God's light!  Praying for all family & friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment