Long Road to China - Our Adoption Story


Trustmark National Bank account set up:

Donations can be made nation wide at any Trustmark National Bank through the account:
Phillip Smith or Niki J. Smith's Adoption Account

If you would like to mail a donation, please mail it to
Phil or Niki Smith
P.O. Box 332
Rienzi, MS 38865




Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We have a job to do today!

O.k.  we have a duty today and I challenge everyone of you to go and VOTE!  I have not gone yet but will be going this afternoon.  I know I've been guilt in the past of not voting, but as I get older I understand the importance and responsibility we have in this matter!  It's our right as Americans and also our jobs as Christians to get the best leaders in the jobs!  I've also felt that one vote isn't going to matter, but guess what would happen if everyone operated that way?  I have the same feeling for a lot of other matters that can be changed if we all work together.  We could all say, I cannot alone make a difference for the orphans, 3rd world countries, etc., BUT what if Nobody did anything?  We all have our parts to play and together we can all make a difference - your part counts!

I've also been guilty of not voting because I didn't do my "homework" or voted and didn't know the candidates.  AND I've been guilt of not voting in the past because I said that I didn't feel anyone was qualified.  NONE of those are excuses not to vote!  In Alcorn County we have some WONDERFUL people running for offices!  I know some personally to be awesome honest Christian people and some I've meet at one of 2 of the speakings we attended.  Not voting because you feel there is no one worth voting for is not a reason at all and ESPECIALLY  in today's election.  I'm very proud of some of the candidates running!  We need good Christian leaders that will help and support our community.   Thank you to the wonderful Christian leaders that have stepped up to run for an office; we appreciate you!

We also have another job to do today (and everyday) -- PRAY for them!  Pray for our leaders!  No I don't think that all of the people in elected officials across the US are wonderful Christian people, BUT they are our leaders and we need to Pray for them and that they will make the right decisions!  It's commanded of us so Go do your jobs and HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!  :0)

 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."
(1 Timothy 2:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment